- This event has passed.
Light Up Tioga
November 29, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Come join us for Light Up Tioga, our annual Tree Lighting and Holiday Festival! There will be tons of free, festive fun for the whole family! Plus, entertainment from our event emcee, Elio Piedra, and magical production from our friends at Keith Watson Events. Activities include:
– Santa Visit & Tree Lighting
– Live Performances
– Food Trucks
– Teddy Bear Mobile
– Festive Activities
– Surprise Appearances
– Arts & Crafts
– Local Vendors
– Train Rides
– Photo & Selfie Stations
– Free Fun for the Whole Family
Check back often, as we’ll be updating our activities list with even more spirited fun!
Itâ€™s not only Holiday Season at Tioga Town Center, we believe itâ€™s also the Season of Giving! Weâ€™ll have many opportunities for guests to learn about local nonprofit organizations in our community that are in need! Hereâ€™s a few ways you can help us make some impact, just by stopping by!
– NCFAA will be in attendance and collecting donations for The Salvation Army by cash, coin, and digital transactions! PLUS, their Annual Holiday Toy Drive to support the “Angel Tree” program has now begun and will be in full swing! Millions of children in America will go without Christmas gifts because itâ€™s simply not in their family budget. If youâ€™re able, please bring a new, unwrapped toy as a donation to help ease the financial and emotional stress on families that we can understand most definitely dampen the holiday cheer of families living in poverty. Please partner with us to make a difference in the lives of area children during this holiday season!
Not sure what are the ages of children with the most need? They have a have a higher need for boys and girls between 10-12 years old, however, they encourage toy donations for all ages!
What kind of toy donations are most requested for Boys and Girls between 10-12 years old? A few ideas include, but are not limited to; animated book series, watches, boomboxes, bluetooth speakers, bluetooth headphones, skateboards, tablets; 24â€ť or 26â€ť, bikes, DVD players, twin bedding/comforter sets; karaoke machines, large bean bag chairs!
– Ronald McDonald House will be in attendance in hopes of achieving their mission to provide temporary housing, basic amenities, and support to families with children receiving treatment at UF Health Shands Childrenâ€™s Hospital. This allows families to find strength in numbers and focus on the treatment and recovery of their children. A cup of coffee, a quiet room for a nap, computer access and other amenities help families and guests find balance between home, work, and hospital while remaining close at hand for their child. Since 1982, Ronald McDonald House Charities of North Central Florida has served over 31,000 families with children diagnosed with heart complications, premature birth, cancer, kidney problems, brain tumors, burns, leukemia, seizures and other ailments from all of Floridaâ€™s 67 counties and around the globe. They’ll be on-site with festive fun, and information about their amazing organization.
– Peaceful Paths will be in attendance, and they’re the certified domestic violence center that serves survivors of domestic violence in Alachua, Bradford, and Union counties. Peaceful Paths provides a wide range of services including emergency shelter, 24-hour helpline, victim advocacy, childrenâ€™s programming, education and training, crisis counseling and support groups, community awareness and intervention, and violence prevention programs. They’ll be giving out information and festive treats to help spread awareness about their fantastic organization!
– LifeSouth will also be in attendance with their Blood Mobile to help create additional life-saving resources. LifeSouth is a non-profit community blood bank serving more than 100 hospitals in our Southeastern Region. They are committed to meeting the blood supply needs of hospitals and their patients by providing the highest quality blood components and services. With more than 30 donor centers, 45 blood mobiles and 2,000 blood drives a month, their team is dedicated to making sure the blood is there when you or your family member is in need. Stop by and help make a difference if possible!
This event is free and open to the public! For the health and safety of everyone, we are taking all necessary precautions according to the CDC. Please wear a mask and maintain a safe social distance while enjoying the festivities. If you have any questions or concerns please message us!